More about Google’s media player
Posted June 28, 2005on:
Highlights on what it has got :
- It is specifically designed to play content exclusive to Google video
- Users can enter keywords into the search box and the results will show up with still-screen captures and small bits of text next to each.
- Once a user clicks on the video they want to see, five still-screen captures will be displayed in the browser–the top will be the full video and the rest will capture small parts of video
- plug-in currently works with the Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox Web browsers.
- plug-in is based on the cross-platform VLC media player, and the code will be available to the open-source community (via Google code project)