Nice article on why the Waterfall model failed & Agile methods are evolving.
- High-quality, passionate software engineers will be in very high demand and will make substantially more money.
- The developers who do not have great programming skills are going to have to look for jobs elsewhere.
- The changes that we are witnessing today in the social software market are going to reach the enterprise level.
- Software off shoring will make less and less economical sense.
- Computer science is going to remain a highly competitive and prestigious field.